Sunday, December 11, 2011

The first pattern

Okay- so I realized that some people may not understand why my handmade hard work love should be wasted  spent on Garnet colored coasters... So here is my attempt at explaining the ceremony event that is South Carolina Gamecock football...

I understand that a lot of schools may have "great" tailgating but in my unbiased opinion The University of South Carolina has the best. It is hard to describe the experience without the help of pictures...

On Saturday mornings thousands of Gamecock fans load up their vehicles with the plethora of tailgating elements- and in South Carolina that is not limited to burgers, hot dogs, soft drinks and beer... Oh no any Carolina fan will tell you that the meals can consist of many of things (A full stocked bar, Smoked meats on site, fajitas made on custom grills)

 I remember my first noon game when I was a student we had steak and eggs- not just regular steak and eggs- we had fillet and eggs with Mimosas, Bellini's, and Bloody Mary's...

Williams-Brice Stadium


This stadium has played host to some of football's greats and soon to be greats..

I had the opportunity last year to see this stadium get louder than it ever has been before.


The Alabama game- when the South Carolina Gamecocks upset number 1!

Some people spend boatloads of money on owning their very own "Cockaboose." These railcars are fully equipped tailgating machines- with SC Wallpaper, bathrooms and kitchens...


They have been highlighted on tailgating countdowns and various football articles...

We have play figurines of our players, decorations that we hang from our Tailgating tents. We have tables stacked high with food... These tables would never be bland- they must have the spirited tableclothes, flatware and serving dishes all themed in The Gamecock Garnet and Black!


So now that it makes more sense as to why it is important to have my knitting love displayed at these awesome events I will show you how the first pattern turned out...


For a first try at pattern desgining I think they are not too shabby... they need some tweaking so they look more like one of the Continental U.S. and less like another Continent...



I am going to adjust some of the rows and re-try...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment